Thursday, January 10, 2013

Busy Bee

Tomorrow's the day!! I have a full day of teaching, but then it's off to Oakland to meet Summer at the BART station, then into the city to see Keane. I'm so excited.

Cali Swimmy is beside himself. He's safely tucked into a small bag, along with my camera (with fresh batteries), the tickets, and a few odds and ends.

My overnight bag is packed--I'll add a few toiletries in the morning after my shower, but I've got clothes for Saturday and pajamas for tomorrow night. My iPhone charger, my glasses, all that good stuff. I've got an outfit laid out for tomorrow that is work-appropriate but also gig-appropriate (skinny jeans, boots, pretty cardigan, adorable necklace).

I've packed tomorrow's lunch (I always do this on Thursday evening) and prepped tomorrow's smoothie. I've loaded my teaching stuff in the car, taken out some cash, filled the gas tank. Rosie Pro had an oil change on Wednesday and checked out as being in excellent health (for a ten-year-old car with 121,000 miles), so we're good to go.

Tomorrow will be a hectic, busy day. I always get up early on Fridays (no later than 5:15) and I'll be teaching pretty much non-stop from 8:00 to 2:30, with one 10-minute morning break and one 30-minute lunch break. At 2:30 I'll throw everything back in the car, and set off from the school--no going home, no passing Go, no collecting $200. Straight to Oakland it is. Summer and I plan to take the train into the city, get some dinner, then queue up for Keane at the Warfield.

It's going to be a great show, and a very late evening. On Saturday, I hope to drive back into SF for a bit, maybe down to Ocean Beach for some ocean therapy. I have to be home by early evening, however, because the 49ers are playing Green Bay in the playoffs and I have to tune in.

As crappy as I've been feeling the last week or so (though I have to say, today's been so much better), I am looking forward to rocking out to my favorite band, spending some time with a dear friend, visiting one of my favorite cities, and just enjoying my weekend. I have no expectations of meeting the guys, just a desire to dance and sing along all evening, enjoying the fact that Keane is here in California.

No comments: