Sunday, December 18, 2011

Victorian Christmas

It's been ages since Mom, Dad and I have been on a day trip, and Dad mentioned a few days ago that he would like to try to get out a bit over the next few weeks. I'm always game, so today we hopped in the van and drove to Grass Valley and Nevada City to have a look around. Nevada City's historic district was closed off for a Victorian Christmas celebration, so we stopped to have a look around.

As ever, I'll let my pictures speak for themselves!

Fabulous theater in Grass Valley

I love these old Gold Rush era buildings.

Would've been a better picture without the Jeep. Oh, well.


Between Grass Valley and Nevada City. Never heard of a road linking
Idaho and Maryland...














The local firemen were selling burgers out of the old
firehouse.

















It was quite crowded.






Nothing says "Victorian Christmas" like a person in a
red-nosed squirrel costume.

For all the people running around in fabulous Victorian costumes, I didn't get any great pics. I was mostly focusing on buildings and signs, anyway.

It was a lovely day--sunny, not at all cold (I was in a light sweater and scarf and perfectly comfortable). We had lunch and now we're cozy and comfy at home. Another busy week starts tomorrow, leading up to Christmas.

No comments: