Friday, December 16, 2011

Pictures and Stuff

Whew, another busy week!

I feel like the last couple of weeks have been GO-GO-GO!! and now I'm finally seeing more time to relax. Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon watching a movie, lounging on my bed, playing Angry Birds on my new Kindle. I just needed to slow down for a day after all the choir concerts, back pain, training, running, family stuff, etc.

Speaking of training, it's going very well. My back is pretty much back to normal, and I finally bought a foam roller today so I can use it at home--every day. M. the Reasonable has me doing some assigned stretches that help me loosen my back and hips, and I'm also working on my legs (I think the source of last week's lower back pain was actually my super-tight calves and hamstrings, believe it or not). Today I did my solo workout--a series of only four exercises (a row, a squat, a push-up, and a "push car"), but I had to do five sets of 20 reps each, and time myself. I will do this every Friday for the next few weeks and try to improve my time each week. I have to start when I start the first row, and let the stopwatch go until I complete the last step of push cars (this is the one where I power the treadmill with my feet, rather than good ole electricity). Today, I did it all in 25 minutes, 21 seconds, with a slight delay when one guy continually pestered me for the Cybex machine I was using. I finally let him have it while rolling my eyes and muttering, "Impatient, much?" under my breath.

Anyway, my hard work is paying off. I was down another couple of pounds today. The scale settled on 165.8, which is a grand total of almost 8 pounds in one month. Not bad, not bad. Especially considering the recent back pain and the affect it had on my running.

In other news, I've got a few random pics to share, so I'll get on that and then sign off. I see some relaxing in my immediate future!

There I am (not the most flattering shot, but this was on Friday when
my back was at its worst) with Mom, Dad, and my brother, Aaron.
Santa!!! Actually, it's Dad, dressed up for a luncheon
he was attending.

Who needs a sleigh, anyway?

This pic is NOT mine--it was taken by Ronnie Johnson, but I wanted to
share it here. There's one of my fellow singers in his traditional elf ears.

Who is that lady in the green scarf behind the clarinets?
(Pic: Ronnie Johnson)

Why, it's ME!
(Pic: Ronnie Johnson)

No comments: