Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Say It With Scrabble

A few weeks ago, in Half Moon Bay, I bought four Scrabble tiles, spelling L-O-V-E, for an anniversary card I was making for Dad to give to Mom. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of it, but trust, it was lovely. Mom loved it. (And I peeked--Dad wrote, "I'd do it all again" inside, which made me smile.)

Anyway, it got me thinking about the possibilities of Scrabble tiles and card-making, so I bought a bag of 200 tiles on eBay, thinking it might be fun to use them.

Then I got an even better idea--using the tiles in pictures to convey messages.

The tiles arrived today and I immediately set out looking around my apartment for photo ops. Here's what I came up with tonight.

For my Swimmy's Ladies



I accidentally deleted the not-blurry pic I got of this. Oops. You might have noticed (or might not) that I have a tag called "Home Sweet...Whereever" that I use sometimes, because I've lived so many places.

Grandma and Grandpa Bean

It occured me a few days ago that it's been over five years since I left...and I still miss it.

This card came with my wonderful print from valentinadesign on Etsy: 

And old child-sized chair.


Curious to find out why Mommy was sitting on the floor near their food dishes, Millie and Harley came over to check things out.




Anyway, I had fun, and might just use my tiles for this kind of thing instead of card-making.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite one if your ode to your kitties. I wish everyone loved their animals the way we do. :)

Anonymous said...

Oops - 'if' should be 'is.' *Feels sheepish!*