Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Nerd Is Not Alone In This World

It all started when Richard (yes, of Keane) Tweeted last night. My friend Lindsay responded to him.


Which, in turn, started a brief Tweet conversation between me and Lindsay (you have to read them from the bottom up for it to make sense):

Richard doesn't "follow" us on Twitter, so he couldn't have seen this conversation, except for the Tweet in which I directly mentioned him.

Imagine how delighted we were when this cropped up:


This is the FOURTH time Richard has responded to me in some way on Twitter, and the first time he has used my name. (Squeee!!)

What makes Lindsay and I particularly smug is also that Keane had made no mention on their web site or in any previous Tweets by Richard, that they'd be in the U.S. soon (we all assume this means they're in New York City to work on their in-progress album). So, while plenty of Keane fans will see what he Tweeted to us because they're also friends with Lindsay and I on Twitter, it was kind of awesome that he told us first.

Yes, we are nerds.

The ammount of online squee-ing and OMG-ing on Facebook was pretty epic. Of course, Maayan, Amanda and Sarah joined in today (they were all long asleep when this happened last night) and before long, other Keane fans I'm connected with on Facebook and Twitter were speculating. "Is it true they're in the States?" "Well, I'm hearing they might be." I just giggled.

The proof is in the Tweeting, my friends.

No comments: