Sunday, July 26, 2009

Teacher's Domain

I took some before pictures of my classroom the other day; now I have some new ones to share. It's coming together.

Most of my time in there has been spent boxing up some language arts materials I found...and then unpacking them when told they'd have to be stored in my room until a new home can be found for them. Oh, and arranging and rearranging the student desks. I think I finally have them set up the way I want them. Maybe.

Here's my desk area--before and after. It's almost the the way I want it. I realized, after setting up my whole room, that the internet connection is allll the way over on the opposite side of the room, but I'm hoping to get around this. If I have to change things around, I might cry.




If I don't have to move my desk over to this window, this will be the part of my room I use for music time with my "teenies."


A view of the white board from my desk.


Some of my personal stuff on display.


The back wall--getting that stupid paper up is the hard part. Putting borders around it and decorating it will be a breeze.


Looking in my room from the doorway.


This is about half of the books I packed/unpacked (the rest are on the top shelf of a cupboard by my desk). I'm going to cover this with fabric to make it look nicer. And, of course, the garbage cans are now on the floor, near the door.



I found out last night from a colleague that we actually go back on Tuesday, instead of Monday, so I have one more day of summer vacation. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to the routine of the school year--it will help with my weight loss goals, having regular breakfast, snack, lunch and dinner times.

No comments: