Saturday, July 25, 2009

Singing Fool

I can't believe I'm about to do this...but I am.

I just took a video of myself singing. Here's the thing--I love to sing, and I'm good at it. That sounds cocky, but I've had training, and I am praised a lot for my voice.

That said, I'm off my game in this one. But I've never shared a video of myself singing, and thought...well, it's about time.

I do have to point out, though, that I do not say "sh" in place of "s." We can lay the blame for this on my cheap Kodak EasyShare. The rest of it--being slightly out of tune at parts, and not quite being on time with the CD, are all my fault. : ) It's not my best performance. Believe it or not, I do better in front of an anonymous audience than I do on camera, or for my friends.

Oh, and Harley Dude has a solo at the end. See if you can hear it...and watch me roll my eyes when he does it.

The song is Nino Precioso, a Nicaraguan folk song that I learned in Fall 2003.

Without further ado...I present LadySoprano, The Singing Fool.

8 comments:

Miz Minka said...

Very nice! Hope you'll try out for a solo the next time Ted asks for volunteers!

I liked Harley's finishing touch. :D

P.S.: Man, you've lost a lot of weight since I've last seen you. YAY for a healthier you!

Meg said...

You know--I watched this and my first impression, after listening to myself, was, "Damn, I'm getting skinny!"

: )

I've always wanted to try for a solo, but never seem to find time to learn them before tryouts! This year I will.

Unknown said...

You are amazing! God, I can't sing for the life of me. You are truly amazing, and thank you so much for sharing this! I love learning more about all of you guys!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Lovely voice (and a fun clip)! First time on your blog... very nice! Waaaaayyy past bed time, but I'm headed on up, still chuckling over some of your entries. Nice to meet your feline overlords, too. ;-)
Lisa

Meg said...

Lisa--I love your blog! Those baby pictures and videos are wonderful. I know that next time I have a bad day, I'll feel better the minute I click on your blog and Itty Bitty Kitty Committee.

Who can resist kittens?

alana said...

I must be the only one who can't see the video. lol

Did you upload it on youtube? If so what's the link?

Meg said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTP7jio_xsQ

That should do it, Alana! Funny that you can't see it here.

kiki said...

Omg Meg!!! That was beautiful!