Monday, June 15, 2009

Beautiful (FAT) Girls, Part 8: Bridget Jones/Renee Zellweger

*sigh*

I miss chubby Renee.


I found her to be much cuter, much more attractive, when she was "fat." I put that in quotes, because, by my standards, Bridget Jones is NOT fat. But by society's standards, she is. Her alcohol content and tendency to eat whatever is in the cupboard don't help.

Briget is my Everywoman. When I first saw the movie, I thought, "Oh. My. God. They just made a movie about me!"

Resolution #1: uggg - will obviously lose 20 lbs. #2: always put last night's panties in the laundry basket. Equally important: will find nice sensible boyfriend and stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workoholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits, or perverts. Will especially stop fantasizing about a particular person who embodies all these things.


Cue Hugh Grant. Or any of my ex-boyfriends.

And Bridget posed that all-important question...

Major dilemma. If actually do, by some terrible chance, end up in flagrante surely these would be most attractive at crucial moment. (holds up thong) However, chances of reaching crucial moment greatly increased by wearing these scary stomach-holding-in pants very popular with grannies the world over.



But...if Renee wanted any sort of career in Hollywood, post-Bridget, the weight would have to come off. Alas! It's the way of Hollywood...and it's a crock, if you ask me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate how they treated Renee as Bridget as "fat." Sigh. She is NORMAL. And I hate how quickly she loses that weight. And how much she bitches about hating herself when she's "fat." And how losing the weight doesn't just result in her looking thinner, it results in her looking completely emaciated.

I like her with a little more weight on her as well.