Sunday, June 14, 2009

Beautiful (FAT) Girls, Part 7: Mia Tyler

Proving that her skinny sister Liv didn't get all the good genes is Mia Tyler, daughter of Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and plus-sized model. She launched a line of plus-sized clothes earlier this year, called Revolution 1228.

There's not much to it yet, but I love that her site uses real plus-sized women, not the "plus-sized" models we're used to who are actually size 10. The women on her site have spare tires, huge thighs, and double chins--just like other ladies who happen to be size 16 and above.

And Mia? She's gorgeous--in both of these shots.


5 comments:

Miz Minka said...

I think it's amazing that Steven Tyler, who surely qualifies as one of the f-ugliest men on the planet ever (I always think "long haired frog" when I see pictures of him), could have such gorgeous daughters. :)

Unknown said...

I love that she uses real plus-sized women on her site, too! She is freaking gorgeous and I love that she embraces her size.

Dani said...

Miz Minka has a point. Steven Tyler is one ugly mofo. Both his daughters are GORGEOUS women - I'll have to go check out her website after this!

Meg said...

What doesn't work on the man definitely works for the daughters. They both have his mouth, which is creepy/ugly on his face, but gorgeous for a woman.

Kristine said...

I think the "plus-sized" models you see are size 14. Extra tall (as in 6 feet or more). It is disgusting to see those models in the catalogs. There is one woman who designs clothes patterns for plus sizes, and it's her picture you see on the packet. Not some picture that doesn't show what it will look like at all. She always looks gorgeous. (haha - you can tell that I love to sew!)

Just thinking - it's sad that Walmart doesn't do employee models anymore. I liked them. And the plus-sized clothes were on truly plus-sized women. For all sizes, you could actually get an idea of what you would look like in it!