Sunday, April 03, 2005

London

Last train to London, just headin' out,
Last train to London, just leavin' town.
But I really want tonight to last forever
I really wanna be with you.
Let the music play on down the line tonight.


Last Train To London Lyrics
Artist(Band):Electric Light Orchestra


I adore London!!

Saturday, I woke up bright and early and took the 8:21 train into London. Upon arriving, I took the tube to Holborn station and walked to the British Museum. It was a lovely sunny morning and I didn't even need my coat.

I spent an hour or two at the museum but it was such a lovely day I wanted to get back out into it. Mostly I went to the museum to see the mummies, as they were closed to the public 6 years ago--the entire time I was in London.

From the museum I walked to Tottenham Court Road, where it intersects with Oxford Street, and spent some time and a little money at Waterstone's, the book shop. Think Barnes and Noble, Brit-style.

Stocked up on reads and then hopped on the Tube again. This time I alighted at Westmister, so I could walk across Westminster Bridge. I had lunch near the base of the London Eye and then got in line. It took an hour!

But it was worth it. The views on a sunny day are magnificent! London is truly beautiful...if you haven't been there, I recommend it.

By the time I got off the Eye, it was time to head to the Old Vic. Fortunately, it's only a 5-minute walk. I had plenty of time to spare and didn't miss one moment of gorgeous Mr. Spacey.

The play was just as wonderful the second time around as it was the first. I just can't get enough of seeing Kevin Spacey LIVE. He's so energetic and passionate and the audience picks up on every mood he displays. You can hear a pin drop. He's fantastic. He doesn't even have to say anything--his body language alone is enough. A well-timed turn of the head can have everyone in the audience cracking up.

*Sigh*

Amazing.

After the play I made my way back to the station and shot straight into one of my favorite British stores...

Accessorize.

I went in wanting a new bag to use in Paris (next week!!!) and found a perfect one--and the most perfect hat! I can't wait to sashay around Paris in this adorable sun hat. It's black with white pin stripes and a little bow on one side. It's floppy and adorable and will look fantastic with my "California Girl" shades.

And one week from tomorrow, I'll be wearing it! Seeing Mom and Daddy. Arriving in Paris.

I can't wait.

Uh-oh--staff briefing is starting.

All for now!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: