Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Binge List

It was one month yesterday since school closed, and I started isolating at home. This has given me time to read, watch more TV, and do other activities I don't always have as much time/energy for. My  reading has slowed down, mostly because I've picked two books in a row that were slower reads for me. The first was about Auschwitz, so I had to read it slowly so as not to overwhelm myself (it's not exactly a cheerful book, obviously). The second is translated from Swedish, and was actually mentioned in The Librarian of Auschwitz, and it's been slow for me. It's sweet (it's a children's story), but it's very lengthy.

I finally caved and subscribed to a year of Disney Plus, where I promptly watched some old favorites and fell in love with Baby Yoda in The Mandalorian. I caved to the social temptation to watch Tiger King, which was a wild ride. The best thing I've watched this far, though, was Unorthodox. Very worth a one-evening, four-hour binge.

With so much time on my hands, I've been trying to use up as much of my crafting stuff as possible and get new items listed in my Etsy shop. This has included experimenting with watercolors and pulling out some unused rubber stamps. I like the result.

I thought it would be entertaining to keep a list of what I've been consuming, just for the quarantine record. Now that the rain seems to have stopped for good, I want to do some clean-up in my garden.


What I've Read

The Librarian of Auschwitz (Antonio Iturbe)

The Wonderful Adventures of Nils (Selma Lagerlöf)

Up next: Calypso (David Sedaris)


What I've Watched

Disney's Robin Hood

The Mandalorian

Tiger King (hoooooo boy)

Northern Rescue (Netflix)

Unorthodox (Netflix)

10 Things I Hate About You


Other Activities

I've made approximately 75 new Atlas Heart Ornaments for my Etsy shop.

I've taken out some watercolors and experimented with them

Organized my tool boxes.


No comments: