Saturday, July 27, 2019

Baltic Cruise 2019, Part 12: Sea What?

Our penultimate day of cruising found us at sea, chugging from Germany to Norway. I woke up early to take a conditioning class in the gym, and was met by pea soup.


The class was good, and I went straight to breakfast in the cafeteria after that. Later, I would come back for a stretching class.

After the stretching, I went back to the stateroom and showered, wondering what I should do next. I dressed and went to Crooners, a bar overlooking the piazza, where I ordered a sparkling water and read my Kindle. I chuckled quietly at an older couple, both snoozing in their seats by a window. By now the sun was out, and the mood on board was quiet after the long day in Berlin the day before.

Before long, I was starting to feel my eyes droop, so I headed back to the room, donned pajamas, and lounged on my bed.

And so, I spent between three and four hours of my last day at sea napping. I have no regrets.

Later, Dad and I had dinner in the dining room, then sat in the Piazza for a bit, listening to live music and having coffee (him) and tea (me).

Chilled Peach & Bellini Soup. 

Chicken and asparagus

This dessert was from a different night, but still worth a
share.

A smitten grandfather and his toddler granddaughter dancing. 

I was still a bit sleepy, so it wasn't a late night. I did, however, spend some time considering all of the stuff I had bought--on the boat, and on land.


I started sorting my souvenirs to get them ready for packing the next day. Just like that, our cruise was almost over!

To end this post, I'll include one random picture I took on Monday--I think, Monday. Whatever day the World Cup Final fell on. I had to do a load of laundry that evening, so I'd have clean workout gear, and as I waited, I watched Team USA beat The Netherlands. Go Women!!!


Sunday would find us waking in Norway, and then overnight, cruising back to Copenhagen, from which we would fly home.

No comments: