Saturday, November 30, 2013

Days of Thankfulness, Day 30

Yesterday, I dragged a large box of ornaments--mostly Snoopy--into the house and started decorating a four-foot tree Mom let's me put up in the kitchen each year. When I moved back home in 2011, I asked if I could bring a few of my Christmas things in, and somehow, we got the idea of putting up a second tree. In the living room stands Mom's full-sized tree, resplendent in red and white, looking worthy of Better Homes & Gardens.

Then, in the kitchen, in the window, proudly stands a little tree, covered in Snoopy. Better Homes & Gardens would cringe. But with every ornament that was lovingly unwrapped yesterday came a memory, and a smile. I adore that holiday season, and nothing gives me greater pleasure than decking a small tree in tip-to-trunk Snoopy ornaments (with a few others from various adventures thrown in, like the moose ornament from Canada, and the bear ornament from Yosemite, etc.). I have a lifetime of wonderful Christmas memories, and every year, I strive to make it about giving, making the world a better place.

Today, my last day of Thankfulness posts, ushers out November...and we're in with December! I'm thankful for rich, warm holiday seasons with friends, family, and goodwill. And I'm thankful for a whole month in which I had something to be thankful for every day.

Happy Holidays, one and all.

No comments: