Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Afternoon in the BatCave

I am spending most of this gorgeous St. Patrick's Day in my "BatCave," wearing pajamas, sipping tea, watching NASCAR. And oh, how I needed this.

What a few days it's been. Friday was spent doing the "leprechaun dance" most of the day with my young charges at Petite School; it was a ton of fun and the kids were so excited by all of the leprechaun mischief that happened throughout the day (starting with completely trashed classrooms that morning).

One class caught a leprechaun, but couldn't tell if he was a fake, or just
playing 'possum.

Leprechaun prints!



Sadly, too dark, but yes, that's a green sundress, green Chucks, green
stripey socks, and black leggings, black cardigan.





Friday night I had a chance to rest a bit, before hitting the ground running on Saturday. I left the house at 9:00, taught piano and voice lessons for three-and-a-half hours without stop (I managed to find one two-minute period to run back and use the ladies', and I drank a protein shake and noshed on an apple during a few lessons). I finished teaching at 1:00, shimmied into my choir dress, and was running out the door at 1:10.

I drove straight to a church in Fair Oaks, to sing with Sac Choral at our fellow singer's memorial. It was a lovely service, very emotional. I'm glad I went, though it left me feeling heavy as I left.

I came home, showered, then turned right back around to meet Meghan for drinks before we met some other high school friends for dinner. It was fun to catch up with people who've known me since elementary, middle and high school. By the time I got home at about 10:30, I was absolutely pooped. I fell into bed and did not get up again 'til 9:00 this morning.

So today is a lazy day. A very much needed lazy day. Tomorrow I am back to the grind, but I hardly mind--spring is definitely coming and with it, warmer weather and an increased desire to get outside for running and other fun. No run today--I have a brand-new pair of Mizuno shoes to break in but I figure they can wait 'til tomorrow!

No comments: