Thursday, February 28, 2013

Silly

Tonight on Facebook, a college friend asked if her friends like their middle names, why or why not?

I happen to love my name (Megan Elizabeth) and can't recall ever wishing that my parents had named me anything else. Obviously, I refer to myself as Meg a lot, and most of my friends pick up on that pretty quickly and refer to me thus. But I'm happy to answer to Megan as well. What is funny is that I insist that my name is pronounced MAY-gen, not meg-ANN...*shudder* But if you call me Meg, it's definitely pronounced with an "eh" vowel and not the "ay" sound.

Anyway, the point of this post (and there is one...kind of) is my response to my friend on Facebook tonight, which, thus far, has garnered four "likes," two from people who don't even know me:

I love mine (Elizabeth) because it's pretty and because I can jokingly refer to myself as MegBeth while holding up my empty teacup and saying, "To tea...or not to tea?"

I'll be here all night, folks.

No comments: