Monday, October 29, 2012

The Singing Fool Rides Again

Yesterday, I sang the first concert of SCSO's 17th season. We sold out Sacramento's Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, and received a standing ovation at the end, which is always lovely. The cathedral isn't the easiest place to sing--standing stock-still for an hour on hard marble is hell on the back and the sound has a tendency to fly up, up and away from us, making it scary for 150+ singers to stay together when all you can really hear are the people in your immediate area. Maybe a bit of organ.

But the cathedral allowed us to have two full Monday night rehearsals in the venue and the time there paid off. We made it work and everyone I spoke to after was very complimentary.

Our official photographer, Ronald Johnson, was there, taking pictures. He always gets great shots and makes an effort to get close-ups of all parts of the group so everyone has at least a couple of shots of themselves singing. Because I was pretty much front and center for this concert, there are plenty with me in them. Here are a few of the great pics he took...

Big choir, even bigger space.

I look so serious!

Caught looking down. I really do watch Don most of the time, but
occasional glances at the music are necessary. However, look at that
awesome vowel shape!

Great perspective shot.




After the show, we were asked to talk to audience members in the plaza in front of the cathedral. I got to chatting to Ronnie, and as we chatted, a random lady came up and complimented my lipstick (of all things!). So Ronnie took a picture of me. He often takes pictures of the singers after concerts, but I usually don't stick around long enough to be among the photographed. I like how this turned out of me. I look happily exhausted, which is exactly how I felt after the show.

Yep, that dress is too big.
All photos are property of Ronald Johnson. However, I now know he doesn't mind us sharing them on social media. : )

No comments: