Saturday, October 27, 2012

GISHWHES

I must be mad.

Last year, I participated in the first-ever GISHWHES (Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen), which ended up being a record-making event in Guinness as the biggest online international scavenger hunt ever. It was dreamed up and carried out by Misha Collins, an actor/crazy guy who has spent some time on the popular CW show Supernatural, which I watch thanks to my fellow duck lady, Lindsay.

When that crazy week, which had me doing things like dancing the YMCA in a 20-second video (no, you cannot see it), taking pictures of myself with spinach in the gap between my front teeth, and kissing a rubber duck through a printed picture of the Duke of Luxembourg, I vowed I would never be so foolish as to sign up for such shenanigans ever again.

Heh.

Well, this year, Lindsay convinced me to do it again, along with another duck lady, Sarah. We are part of a 15-person team called Team Winning, and we are absolutely determined to be the team that spends a night in a haunted Scottish castle with Misha.

In other words, starting on Tuesday, I will have one week taken over by madness. Don't be alarmed if I take to Facebook asking for odd items or volunteers to spell out GISHWHES with their bodies or some such thing.

So that's what I'll be doing this week, when I'm not working out or teaching. Expect hilarity and maybe even an unexplained twitch to develop on my right eye or something.

No comments: