Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Town

Today I found myself in downtown Lincoln, pretending to help with the local Rotary group's Lincoln Wine Fest, but actually just enjoying the sunshine, going for a wander, and sampling local food and wine. I took a few pictures to share.

When I was in college, I used to drive through Lincoln all the time when going back and forth between Folsom (my hometown) and Chico (my college town). In the late 90s, Lincoln was a little depressed and feeling abandoned, but the mid-naughts boom in real estate (including where my parents currently live) has brought it back and our downtown is doing quite well. It's not huge, but there are some great restaurants and businesses and it has its own unique flavor. I'm glad it's no longer a lonely place.

Cali Swimmy got to have a quick paddle.

Historic building


My dad gets his hair cut here, by Al the Barber.


Highway 65 runs through downtown.

Home of the Lincoln News Messenger









Gotta love that despite our fancy restaurants and Wine Fests, we also
still have a competition on ammo.



1 comment:

jennie said...

Great pics! looks like a great place to visit!