Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ennui

"Well if you're bored then you're boring..."

Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta"


The last couple of days, I've been...bored. Well, that's not entirely true. But then, neither is "lazy," or "listless," or "out of sorts." I'm in a perfectly pleasant mood, and quite happy with how things are going in life right now. But when I'm at home, I've been prone to feeling sleepy (that could just be all the working out) and wanting to go to bed at 8:00 each night.

I'm not sick. I'm not depressed. Just, perhaps, needing a little adventure. So I haven't been blogging, and I haven't even been feeling very "Yay, Christmas!!" either...not as I normally do, anyway.

It's the funniest thing, because really, everything is going very nicely right now. I've lost eight pounds, found a great outfit for New Year's (my friend Meghan and I are going to celebrate the British New Year at 4:00 because she has to work the night shift at the hospital that night), and I've been quite productive in my working out and job hunting, etc.

The weather has been sun-sun-sunny, so it's not Seasonal Affective Disorder. And I wouldn't even call it sadness--I'm just...bored. And suffering from Blogger's Block.

With all this in mind, I think I'll find something to do tomorrow--perhaps, after my workout in the morning (my weekly assignment from M. the Still Very Reasonable), I'll drive to Sacramento and wander around, or explore some area I haven't explored yet. Take my camera and find more good signs. Take Cali Swimmy and have some fun with him. Anything to break out of this work out-come home-shower-sit around wondering, "what's next?" routine I've been in all week.

1 comment:

alana said...

Good idea! I've been bored lately too. I feel like I'm just waiting for my life to get started again. It's probably because I'm so excited about spring semester, but it's also kind of weird since I've been hanging out with my friends so much. Here's to new adventures!