Friday, November 25, 2011

It Keeps You Running

Glory, glory, hallelujah.

After Tuesday's absolute disaster of a run, M. the Reasonable gave me a day off from running on Wednesday and a 45-minute walk on Thursday (I did almost an hour. In the rain. Okay, mist.) Today, it was back to the gym, to do a resistance training workout on my own, and 30 minutes of running again. I went to the gym this morning and got through the workout just fine. When I got home, I helped Mom get all the Christmas stuff out, so it wasn't until about 4:00 this afternoon that I went on my run.

I was apprehensive. Tuesday's attempt was so bad, so painful, that I was very nervous to try again today. Even with my new running shoes (which believe me, make a HUGE difference). But I bravely set out and started trotting along. Lo and behold, today was downright easy.

Don't get me wrong--I worked. I ran 30 minutes and my shins were starting to splint a bit at the very end, but overall, this run was so easy compared to Tuesday. I'm sure it was 50% shoe and 50% not being exhausted.

I love it when things go my way.

No comments: