Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crazy Cat Lady Writes On

Well, it could be better, and it could be worse.


At the rate I'm going, NaNoWriMo expects me to finish my 50,000 words on December 22. I expect to finish on (or before) November 30th. So I've got some work to do.

Several days of not writing--usually over the weekends, has hurt me, but I'm feeling refreshed and I have some more ideas to write about in my collection of cat stories. Tonight I wrote 3,255 words, so I can easily meet that 2,232-words-per-day goal to finish on time.

Goodness knows I'm wordy.

I like where my book is going. I've written several "chapters," each one being a different cat story. Of course I've already written about adopting Millie and Harley, and I'll go back and write more about them--stories of the adventures we've had. Millie's adventure with pancreatitis has got to be worth at least 3,000 words. Maybe more.

I can do this!

In other exciting news, tomorrow I start volunteering at FieldHaven, a local cat rescue group. It will be good to be volunteering again, and I so enjoy the cats and kittens.

Hopefully, it will give me more fodder for my book!

No comments: