Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wild and Wonderful Wednesday, Part 5: Mumford and Sons

I first heard of Mumford and Sons a month or two ago, when they came on my radar as the group that Mt. Desolation would be opening for in San Francisco. I checked them out on YouTube and was floored by how awesome they are.

Four British guys, all in their early to mid-twenties, who play multiple instruments including upright bass, electric bass, steel guitar, banjo, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, drum kit, shaker, accordion, keyboard and various percussion instruments.

Take Marcus Mumford, lead singer: In many shots he's singing, playing guitar, and thumping a steady beat on a bass drum with his right foot while his left food plays a slightly different rhythm on a tambourine attached to a foot pedal. He's 24 years old. My jealousy knows no bounds.

Anyway, their songs are fun, they're super-talented, and Ben is ADORABLE. Seriously, he's a smiley, dancing, madman up on stage. As my friend Maayan put it in a text to me, "He has such a joy in life." It's apparent on stage and off.

My last round of pictures, and then I shall collapse in bed with my book.


The indredible, astounding Marcus, using all hands and feet in addition to singing.

Country "Winnie" Winston (banjo) and Ted (on bass)

Ben The Adorable





I absolutely love this shot.





Again a case of the guy in question turning around before I could get the pic!


I got to meet Ben very briefly after the show. Gorgeous, no?

Finally, here's another video I took. My favorite M&S song is "The Cave" and this was the final song of their encore. The sound quality is horrid from my camera, but you can see the energy the guys poured into the whole show. So much fun.


The whole show was great fun, and Annie was a great concert buddy. I hope to go to some Keane gigs with her someday!

After the show, I gave Anna and Charlotte a ride to their hotel. Annie and I stopped at a Jack in the Box for food and took it back to her hotel to pig out before crashing. She had kindly offered to let me crash there because at this point, I'd been awake for 23 hours.

I got 3 hours of sleep and left San Francisco at about 7:30 this morning. I went home to Stockton, loaded my already-packed suitcase into RosiePro and gathered four unhappy cats into their carriers. The Kitty Khorus arrived at Mom and Dad's house around 11:30; a few hours later, I picked up Mom and Dad at the clubhouse and brought them home exhausted but happy to be here. After my ER adventure with bronchitis last week, it was so good to see them.

Tonight, I shall sleep.


No comments: