Thursday, August 19, 2010

She Opens Her Eyes

I'm sure my family and friends think I'm Better Than This. But since May, when school let out and I found myself out of a job, instead of running around like,  "She Has No Time, ya'll!!" I'm finding that I am Staring At the Ceiling, looking for ways to stay entertained. Call Me What You Like, I can take it.

It's not all bad. Aside from lack of funds for traveling to the Atlantic and stuff, there's Nothing In My Way. As for why I lost my job, my motto is "Put It Behind You." On A Day Like Today, it's easy to feel like my life almost has Perfect Symmetry, despite being unemployed.

(Besides, I was hardly a Happy Soldier at my last job.)

I could sit around like a Broken Toy, wonder, Again and Again, if I'm going to Bend and Break and getting all Bedshaped with depression. Hell no! That sounds like A Bad Dream.

No, I'm feeling Closer Now to being able to just Let It Slide. I don't feel Snowed Under, because I have time on my hands to do some of the stuff I've been wanting to do. It's in times like these in life that you have to keep Your Eyes Open for opportunities. I can never know what might Fly To Me. I've decided that This Is the Last Time I'll piss and moan about being unemployed.

I'm definitely feeling like there's Clear Skies and Sunshine in my life. I don't feel like Love Is the End, or that The Lovers Are Losing, probably because I've been talking to a guy from OKCupid recently and I'm feeling optimistic about my dating prospects. He's probably not The Frog Prince, and I'm finally at that place where I can date without getting so emotionally attached that I feel like Something In Me Was Dying when things don't work out, or find myself wailing, "But why? He Used To Be A Lovely Boy." At least I'm getting some nice attention from the guys at this site, not screaming at my computer, "You Don't See Me!"

If I could Stop For A Minute, or go Back In Time, and Try Again to change the way things have turned out in 2010, I wouldn't. Everybody's Changing, and that's okay. I don't need a Crystal Ball to know that by Early Winter, I'll be in a good routine.

I know what you must be thinking: "Oh, Meg, You Haven't Told Me Anything. I already knew that you're hanging in there, and that you're a huge dork of a Keane fan, using as many song titles as you can in one blog post and linking each one to a video on YouTube." You're thinking that Maybe I Can Change, and get over this obsession. Sure I can.  But I Can't Stop Now...after such a crazy, hectic year so far, Is It Any Wonder that I am so obsessed with this band? They've helped me get through the anger and the Black Burning Heart and not once (thanks to Keane and working out) have I felt like I'm Spiralling or drowning in The Iron Sea. Maybe a little Under Pressure from time to time, but definitely never in a place where The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore.

Sometimes, I find that if you Pretend that You're Alone, you can do some Dirrtylicious dancing in your living room, or go in your mind to a place that's Somewhere Only We Know until it's Time to Go and be a responsible adult again. It helps to keep me sane to have my silly moments, like blogging a whole post of Keane songs. I'm sure people will be Rubbernecking, thinking, "We Might As Well Be Strangers, 'cause I do NOT understand this lady." Well, If that's The Way You Want It, so be it.

Aww, Leaving So Soon? I could probably go on and on To The End Of the Earth, but The Night Sky has come and I'm getting tired (and I need somewhere to begin...oh, great, now she's quoting lyrics).

That's All. Thanks for Playing Along with my Keane obsession. Enjoy the Silence now.

4 comments:

PenguinSecrets said...

Love it Meg!!!!

Maayani! said...

IS IT ANY WONDER


MEG IS SO AWESOME?

Maayani! said...

Ok that kinda killed the joke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3blVMhOZV8&feature=search

Anonymous said...

You even worked in Dirtylicious?! Outstanding!