Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting My Mozart On

One of the perks of unemployment is, obviously, that I get to stay in Stockton. And in Stockton Chorale. This makes me happy, as we are performing Mozart's oh-so-famous Requiem this fall and I've never had the opportunity to do so before.

Tonight is the first-ever Summer Sing--an evening designed for anyone to come out and sing--members and non-members alike. People who are interested in being in the Chorale can come for a preview, to get a feel for how rehearsals are run and such. People who are already members (like Yours Truly) can get a better idea what our new conductor, Dr. Magen Solomon, is like, and also get a head-start on the Mozart for this fall.

I'm so excited to go back to singing again (beyond, you know, what I do in the shower and car).

1 comment:

Sa said...

It's the most incredible experience, singing that requiem in the choir. I'm really excited for you!