Monday, August 23, 2010

A Doodle of a Birthday

Where the time goes, I have no idea.

Today is the unofficial, best-guess, who knows? birthday of one Harley Dude. Using this as my marker, he's two years old.

It's been quite an adventure, ever since that December 2008 day when the Loudest Purr on the Block came to live here with Millie and I. There has been no shortage of cuddles, purrs, exasperated shouts of "HARLEEEEEEY!!" and all of the accompanying madness that comes with raising 13 pounds of orange chaos.

I wouldn't trade one minute of it.

Of course, now that he's turning two, I do rather hope that the hyperactive, overeating teenage boy will settle into a sedate and cuddly mancat...but something tells me we've got a few years of craziness yet to come before my Doodlebug settles into true adulthood. Until then, I will endure being jumped on, attacked, run across (always when sleeping or about to sleep, of course), and treated as a teething ring. I will shell out money for a ton of cat food to keep my Big Boy fat and happy (he's actually not fat--he's just Big. With a capital "B"). In return I will be cuddled and purred at, and followed into the bathroom by my Potty Putty at every opportunity.

Happy Birthday, Harley Dude! Here's to many more happy, healthy birthdays in your forever home.

1 comment:

Sa said...

I love cats, and Harley Dude is one fine specimen. Happy Birthday!