Friday, July 30, 2010

Scrapbooking Keane

I know I mention my scrapbooking hobby from time to time, but it's never been shared on the LPB much. I guess there are several reasons, but two in particular stand out: 1) I share my photos on the blog long before I ever get prints made, delivered and archived in a scrapbook, and 2) it's impossible to scan a 12"x12" page on my scanner, so...why bother?

Today, I scrapbooked the prints I ordered from last week's Keane concert, and I'm quite proud of how it turned out. So I took a picture of each page and I'm going to post them now. As with any pic I post on the blog, you can see a larger version by clicking on it.

Page 1 stands alone. It has my original OMG OMG blog post when I found out Keane was coming back to California, my ticket, and a review of Night Train from People Magazine.


These two pages face each other (hence the coordinating background papers). On the right-hand side, a pic of Fran Healy (of Travis) and Ingrid Michaelson, the opening acts.

The Richard pages! The quote says, "If I could only save one, I'd save neither." It's something Tom said when asked who'd he'd save if Tim and Richard were in peril. The captions on the pictures say, "Where's Richard?" and "There he is!"

The Jesse (JQ) and Tim pages. The quote on Tim's says, "I want an eleven out of ten, cos I'm so sexy." This is something Tim once said when Tom was asked how he'd rate Tim.

Two pages of Tom. It's hard not to get a lot of pics of the frontman. The quote is an infamous quote by Richard, on how he felt when Tim first suggested that Tom be let into the band: "The idea of giving someone who is already the loudest person you know a microphone was not something I was particularly keen on."

Two of my favorite Keane songs: "This Is the Last Time" and "Somewhere Only We Know."

The left page has some random group shots and random lyrics, as well as the set list from the concert. On the right is the blog post about my now-infamous t-shirt.

The next two pages are devoted to meeting Tim and Richard. On the Richard side, there is a question from an interview Rich did: "Could you be any more sick of the lazy comparisons to Coldplay?"

Richard: (Takes a deep breath) Ah, it's just nice having another record out...I dunno, it's always inevitable. I have a copy of an old magazine...and on the cover it says, "Radiohead: The New U2?" Y'know? So fuck comparisons.

And finally, the last page:

Devoted, of course, to the 5"x7" print of Richard with his arm around me and a very large caption. : )

3 comments:

Sa said...

I had to find scrapbooking in the dictionary. There is no equivalent word in French! Would this be an American hobby?

Lovely pictures. Do you scrapbook every concert?

Meg said...

Definitely an American thing! I've been scrapbooking for years, everything from trips to everyday stuff. I scrapbook some concerts, depending on how many pictures I've taken.

There are FIVE scrapbooks documenting my year in England--one for Autumn Term, one for Spring Term, one for Spring Break in France (Paris and Normandy), one for Summer Term, and one for the two weeks after Summer Term before I came home!

Wara said...

Wowie, that's a nice scrapbook you have there. I am so jealous of you. Good one. good one, keep the spirit Meg. The last picture? Happy Meg? I prefer 'Excited Meg' ... lol :)