Monday, May 10, 2010

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I am out of breath from squealing like a little girl and jumping up and down. I did a few skips from the front door to the dresser in the very back of the apartment. I am SO VERY EXCITED that this post is going to have a lot of capital letters as I abandon any pretense of maturity and coherence to announce that MY FAVORITE BAND IN THE WHOLE WORLD ANNOUNCED TODAY THAT THEY'RE PLAYING OAKLAND IN JULY!!!!

That's right, folks. Keane is coming to the Fox in Oakland on July 20th and I am so very, very excited!!! One year ago this weekend, I saw them live for the first time--knowing only a couple of songs--and I was BLOWN AWAY by how awesome they are. I love these guys. They're classy dudes, with some awesome tunes and a terrific stage presence. They are fearless in their experimentations with their sound, and there is maybe ONE song in their whole history that I don't like ("Time To Go"--Tom sounds a little whiny in it and dude's got too great a voice to do the whiny thing).

And, there's the fact that I am going to marry Richard, the drummer. *giggle*

Seriously, this makes my day. My week. The whole month of May. Tickets go on sale on Friday and you can bet I am buying one.

THIS JUST IN: Summer B. is going with me! Appropriate, as she is the person I went to see them with a year ago.

THIS IS THE AWESOMEST THING TO HAPPEN TO ME ALL DAY.

No comments: