Friday, April 16, 2010

My Week in Pictures

***Urgh! I've got a newer, better formatting center for Blogger, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make a few of these photos actually be alligned to the center, as they say they are. I'll figure it out eventually.***

I had so much fun bringing back the My Week in Pictures feature last week, that I had to do it again this week. Here goes.

Sunday

Weekends mean laundry. These days, I manage to accumulate a lot of dirty clothes. I wear the same pajamas for 4-5 nights at a time (if you think this is gross, I don't care. I shower right before putting them on, so if you ask me, they're clean). But I go through workout clothes like no one's business. I might wear the same pants for 2-3 workouts, but t-shirts and sports bras tend to get thrown in the hamper right away, because I sweat. A lot.

So Sunday night found me folding laundry, and marvelling at the variety of colors I have in sports bras.


Monday

Monday brought rain and allergies. On my way to Chorale, however, I saw that it also brought me a rainbow. I snapped this picture while sitting at a red light in downtown Stockton.



That night I came home from Chorale to the Kitten Emergency. It reminded me to hug my babies and appreciate that they are healthy and happy. I was also happy to see that my normally black-thumbed self is having success growing some basil and chives.


Tuesday

On Tuesday morning, there was all kinds of excitement at school, just before the state testing started. A bird had gotten into the middle school pod, and the 7th and 8th graders went wild, screaming, laughing, and getting out of their seats to have a look.

The poor bird was FREAKING. OUT.

A few of us got it into the middle of the pod, where it settled down in relative peace and quiet on top of a box. Mr. Assistant Principal brought a butterfly net and handed it to me, as I had inched closer and closer to the bird as slowly as I could. I very gently placed the net over the little feathered dude (or dudette), and we got him safely outside, where he promptly settled in the nearest tree. I swear he took out a little flask and had a good, long drink.


Tuesday evening found me reminiscing about the stories my passport has to tell.


Wednesday

Wednesday was slow with the pictures. I took a picture of a sample I was working on of yarn painting, and a picture of the surprisingly yummy gluten-free dark chocolate I bought at Trader Joe's as a treat.



Thursday

On Thursday, I forgot my lunch, so I had to get Subway. I got in my car and...EEEK!!


I may be a card-carrying "I can take care of myself!" feminist, but I still freak out at spiders.


I went to the gym twice on Thursday. The second time, I walked over. On my way home, I found that my favorite duck couple are back in the neighborhood. This made me happy.


I took some pictures of the back side of my apartment building. The rust-colored building on the left of the picture is my building. The apartment you see on the bottom is my next-door neighbor. The second picture shoes the little corridor-type walkway between my building (on the left) and the building that faces it.


Friday

This morning, I took a picture of a big ole bruise on my arm. I don't know how I got it. I probably knocked into a door handle or something.


Then I took a picture of my new Liberty of London blouse from Target, 'cause Britni had asked me which top I'd bought. I love this top!



I took a picture of my mouse pad, because I have been anything BUT this particular character with my kids the last couple of days.



Fortunately, it is Friday, and I had a very light afternoon. I put my feet up, read several poems from The New Kid on the Block, and watched kids out my window, while listening to my Anglophile station on Pandora.



Now it is Friday night. I've worked out, cleaned the apartment (I even mopped!), had dinner, and now I'm waiting for Mom and Dad, who will arrive any minute with the Kindergatos in tow. Brace yourself for a week of Crazy Cat Lady updates as I babysit Bella and Duchess!

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

I love your weeks in pics! Another inspiration, woman! I decided to start a personal blog today. (Private right now... I'm not brave like you... yet!) I'm going to try to track the weight and exercise journeys and keep track in pics, too, of the big and not so big events in my life.

These past days haven't been so good, coach. Down .2 since the last report. It's been a heck of a week what with council and taxes and 'puter problems. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (Truth is I haven't had any focus lately.)

Please do send my hugs to your friend, Miz Minka. (I hadn't been by in a while because of the week I'd had.) I know losing a tiny innocent like that had to hurt, but I hope she can take comfort in knowing he felt loved and safe in his short time with her.