Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just Ducky

On Saturday morning, I was waiting for Summer to arrive (the friend, not the season) for a day of scrapbooking and fun. From time to time, I would peek out my bedroom window, with its view of the parking lot, to watch for her car.

Imagine my delight when I saw this little duck couple waddling around.


I walked outside to take some pictures, and they let me get pretty close. I didn't want to harrass, them, but I did get within five or six feet. They left the cutest little wet duck tracks on the pavement.




While I was out there on a glorious, sunny morning, I took a few pictures of my part of the apartment complex.



Here's my apartment--the three windows on the bottom are mine (from left to right: living room, craft room/library, bedroom).


The ducks stayed for a while--Summer even saw them from my craft room while we worked. I haven't seen them since. I know there is a lot of water nearby--the surrounding neighborhood has a sort of mini-lake feature, so I imagine the ducks were just visiting my complex.

No comments: