Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Great Purge and Clean of 2009 -- DONE

Good grief, I'm exhausted! I'm going to try to make it to midnight, though.

Some statistics from today:

Three 13-gallon garbage bags worth of garbage thrown out, as well as a couple of boxes (one that a new lamp came in) and one old mop.

Two 13-gallon garbage bags, several smaller bags, one pots-and-pans box full of stuff, filling my entire car trunk, of stuff for Goodwill.

Five loads of laundry.

The results:

A cute new set of drawers to keep my dishtowels in ('til now, due to having a total of two drawers in the kitchen, they've been in a cupboard).



A nice new floor lamp to light up my living room. I previously had just the Sweet Spot lamp and a small lamp--not enough! Plus, I broke the "chimney" on the small lamp last night.



My Christmas stuff put away and my London Shrine lovingly restored to its home in the living room.



Two fat new king-sized pillows (bought in a set of two for $19.99!) for my bed, to replace my old ones, which were about a quarter of the thickness of these--and way old, too. Does that bed (all clean linens, including the comforter!) look inviting, or what?




I have a clean, respectable-looking apartment, just in time for the new year.




A couple of extra pics...while I was walking to the laundry room, I noticed the full moon and took my camera out a few minutes later to catch some pictures.



1 comment:

Sa said...

That looks so comfortable and clean. Great job.