Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Decade in Music: 2007

I don't remember much about 2007. I continued teaching high school choir, and that was about the biggest deal.

"Crank Dat" by Soulja Boy was a huge hit--I loathed it.



Though the dance did feature in my show choir's "Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" medley. The judge at a competition we went to even remarked on how funny it was that we put that bit of pop culture in our routine!

I did like a new group called the Plain White T's, however. "Hey There Delilah was a fun little ditty. Two years later, I would see them live. They're a fun little band--nothing earth-shattering, but definitely enjoyable.



Other songs I loved in 2007:

The Sweet Escape -- Gwen Stefani
Beautiful Girls -- Sean Kingston (yeah, that one's worn off)
Boston -- Augustana
No One -- Alicia Keys

Songs I loathed in 2007:

Rehab -- Any Whinehouse (I'm sorry, but I don't see any talent whatsoever, only drug-addled mess.)
Before He Cheats -- Carrie Underwood (I'm not a fan of vandalism, even if he did cheat.)


I'm running out of fodder. I didn't listen to a lot of pop music in 2007--I think my tastes were running more to older stuff and country. Half the songs on the list I'm using, I don't even know!

1 comment:

alana said...

I totally agree with that crunk crap and all that dirty south hip hop is atrocious for the most part.

But Whinehouse no talent? I’m sorry, but I just can’t agree with that. She definitely is a drug-addled mess (and I doubt we’ll get another album from her anytime soon), but I can’t listen to something like “Valerie” and then say she has no talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSKVv6YO8g