Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Decade in Music: 2006

In 2005, the California Girl came back, took on a high school choir position, and I finally, for the first time since 2001, had my own apartment again. Where I could blast my newly-downloaded iTunes library to my heart's content.

At the time, I liked "Chasing Cars" by some group called Snow Patrol. It would be three more years before I saw them live and realized just how awesome they are.



Other songs I loved in 2006:

Waiting on the World To Change -- John Mayer (the first 2,531 times I heard it.)
How to Save a Life -- The Fray
Upside Down -- Jack Johnson
Move Along -- All-American Rejects
Crazy -- Gnarls Barkley

Songs I loathed in 2006:

Hips Don't Lie -- Shakira (though, in general, I like her, I wasn't crazy about this one)
You're Beautiful -- James Blunt
Temperature -- Sean Paul
We're All In This Together -- High School Musical Cast
Sexyback -- Justin Timberlake

Forgotten Gem of 2006

Since we're getting into the last few years, there really aren't any "forgotten" gems.

No comments: