Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Productive Evening

Today, I finally organized a large To Do List in one of my notebooks that I haul around from school to school. And tonight, I actually thought to pull it out and get some stuff crossed off. Here's what I've accomplished:

1. Make two doctor appointments

One is a routine physical with my general physician, to let her know I've lost 25 pounds (so far) and to talk about my need for anti-depressents. I feel so much better these days, but would kind of like to stay on them. I believe the working out helps me in a lot of big ways, but still, I'm prone to panic and stress attacks, so...

I also made an appointment to get a Pap smear and HPV test in October. I don't have a ton to worry about on that score, but it's been about three years, and I figure keeping up with the ovaries and other various female parts is never a bad thing. Plus, I want to discuss birth control pill options because the current one just isn't working for my acne.

TMI? Sorry.

2. Emergency Lesson Plans

One of my school sites require us to turn in an emergency lesson plan, just in case there comes a day when we can't make it to school and have no way of delivering lesson plans. So tonight I made a music work packet (crossword puzzle, word find, and musical math problems). Tomorrow I'll copy a bunch of them and put them in a folder with the sub instructions I also typed up, copies of my seating charts, and answer keys. Then I'll turn them in to Mrs. Assistant Principal so she can have them on hand.

3. Lesson for Tomorrow

I've been printing my lesson plans and keeping them in a binder, so I got that done tonight for the next two days (I'll do the same lesson tomorrow and Friday, because I'm at two different schools). I made a crossword puzzle for the elements of music, which we're diving into now, and now I just need to burn a Leonard Bernstein song onto a CD for my listening example.

4. Various Business Stuff

Somehow, in the year I've been working here, I never did get my check onto direct deposit. I've been receiving an actual check in the mail, which means I'm at the mercy of the mail carrier--and the mail carrier is always late on Pay Day, meaning I'm ready for my check at 2:00, and he/she is not here 'til 4:45.

So I filled out the form, voided a check, and stuck it all in an envelope to send through district mail tomorrow.

I also pulled out two sets of transcripts that the district might not have for me. I'm FOUR units away from moving over one column on the salary schedule (that's a few grand a year), so I want to make sure, if they don't have these transcripts, that I'm allowed to move over.

And if they do have those transcripts already, I'm so taking Underwater Basket-Weaving or some such thing this year to get those four units.

5. Update the Planner

I have one of those massive student planners (that starts in August instead of January) that I haul around with me everywhere I go. I updated a few dates and listed those doctor appointments so I don't forget.

6. Food

I threw together a salad and a baggie of almonds for tomorrow's lunch, and cooked some turkey sausage and hard-boiled eggs to use for breakfast for the remainder of the week. I'll eat one egg, three small pieces of sausage and some cereal each morning. I find that making breakfast my big meal gets me off to a good start and helps me make it to snack and lunch time. I took some ground turkey out of the freezer so that tomorrow night I can make chili. I cleaned the kitchen counters, loaded the dishwasher, and will run it tonight.

7. Blogging

I skipped yesterday--I simply didn't have any inspiration to write. Tonight, either, which is why you're getting a list of everything I've accomplished.

Fear not--the Kindergatos are coming to stay for a week on Saturday, and having four cats and one human in a 750-square-foot apartment will yield all kinds of stories and Kodak Moments. Bella and Duchess love Millie, but still aren't quite sure how they feel about Harley. I think they're leaning towards active dislike, which is one step up from open warfare.

The litter boxes will be in constant need of attention, and I will sweat my way through each night with four cats on and off the bed, but I don't mind. I love the furbabies!

With that, my next accomplishment is...

A Shower and Bedtime

Six o'clock comes way too early.

No comments: