Thursday, May 21, 2009

Diary of a Fat Girl: Part Nineteen

I've sort of hit a plateau with my weight loss (no gain, just a distressing SAMENESS in that number on the scale) and with the Fat Girl blogs. But today, I was down a pound (woohoo!) and figured maybe jump-starting my blogging about my weight-loss adventure would help, too.

B. the Sadistic Trainer is but a memory now, and has been replaced by C. Who Speaks Softly but Works My Butt Off.

C. is pretty awesome. She's a nutritionist, and I want her legs someday. I'll have to do a lot of squats and lunges. The first thing she did was allow olive oil and avocado back into my life (B. dismissed pretty much ALL fats, even the good ones). On the surface, she seems more laid-back than B., but I have learned not to let that soft-spoken nice gal thing fool me. She makes me WORK.

She sometimes laughs at my reactions to certain exercises, but she doesn't relent. She gets that it's difficult, but also believes I can do it. I once told her that every time I want to sink to the floor and not get up again, I just think, "Tank tops! Shorts! Sundresses!"

I'm already wearing tank tops more regularly, and I don't feel so ashamed of my big ole flabby chicken wings--mainly because they're not big ole flabby chicken wings anymore. They're not completely fabulous yet, but there is definitely more muscle than there was, and less fat. My elbows feel more pointy. My shoulders are a little more fierce.

Before you know it, I'll be strutting around in backless dresses and spaghetti straps.

I'm still in my size 14 jeans, but hope in another week or two that I'll be able to get out of Big Girl Territory into a size 12. I sort of see the difference between size 12 and 14 as significant for my height (I'm 5'2"--in other words, SHORT). When I was a 12, in college, I was still sort of cute and curvy. At size 14, I started feeling fat. Getting back into a 12 for the first time since my early 20s will be awesome.

In the meantime, I'm eating lean proteins, whole wheats and lots of fruits and veggies. The summer fruits are coming back, which makes me happy.

Hopefully soon, my size 12 butt will be posting Diary of a Not-so-fat Girl blogs.

No comments: