Monday, March 30, 2009

Good News, Bad News

The bad news first:

Hottie Cellist must've moved on in life, 'cause he was not there tonight. : ( Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find someone else to stare at during the rests.

Now, the good news:

I don't actually need someone to stare at--I'm so into this music, I find myself engrossed in it. In the past, as a performer, I'd be up on stage thinkging, "Heh, maybe I'll iron that blouse when I get home...litter boxes definitely need cleaning...hope my skirt isn't tucked into my pantyhose..." Tonight, I was so focused on the music and the conductor. It was awesome.

The only thing taking my focus away were two college girls behind me talking the whole damn rehearsal. We're combining with the choirs from University Of the Pacific (UOP) and San Joaquin Delta College for this performance. Most of the kids are great, but these two girls would not shut up! The death glares I threw at them over my shoulder didn't work, so I spoke to my director, and he said if they continue tomorrow, to just turn around and say, "Please be quiet, I'm trying to listen to what's going on." My only worry is that I'll be a little less...polite than that. They were talking when the director was talking, they were talking during the vocal rests, when the orchestra is playing. They missed cues because they were talking. Gah!

In other good news, my first day back was uneventful and even peaceful--and this was with 6B on my schedule (middle school class from hell). Tomorrow is my Hell Day. I just realized we have a staff meeting after school, which cuts into the time I need to do cardio. I'm going to have to go do my cardio at 6:00 in the morning, then go back at 4:30 in the afternoon for an appointment with B. the Sadistic Trainer. Then I'll have a little under an hour to un-stinkify myself and find a parking spot somewhere near the auditorium (no small feat, let me tell you--the parking, not smelling good!). Three hours of intense singing will follow--and it is intense. Brahms, apparently, liked the sound of a soprano in her upper range. We're up there a lot.

See ya'll on Wednesday, then. ; )

No comments: