Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Chance to HELP

I'm appealing to everyone I know, because it would be so very sad to see a wonderful place have to close.

In May, my dad saw the following on our local news:



Intrigued, we decided to attend the open house, which, of course, I blogged about.

Mom started volunteering there every other Monday, grooming the horses, donkey and goats, and enjoying herself immensely. I go with her when I am in town on a Monday morning. My most recent visit was on Labor Day.

In our brief acquaintance with Deanna and Woody of A Chance for Bliss, we have come to know them to be wonderful, giving people. What they do for these animals is truly lovely--and now, they are in financial peril, due to the economic downturn. They've been in crisis for some months; Woody's job in mortage hasn't been doing so well with the housing crisis. They have tried to bail themselves out on their own, but now are appealing for help.

I wouldn't normally do this, but I believe in what these lovely people are doing--so I am posting about their troubles in my blog in the hopes that this will reach more people who can help--even five dollars would help Woody and Deanna keep their dream alive...and keep their beloved animals where they belong--at a quiet, comfortable farm where they can live out their days in peace and safety.

If you are interested in learning more about this, visit their web site. They are an approved non-profit organization.

I would so hate to see Handsome, Spike and all of their lovely animals lose their home!

No comments: