Monday, January 07, 2008

Hold Me Closer, Tiny Dancer

Or chubby dancer, if I'm really looking to be accurate.

In December, my drum kids had a fundraiser at Barnes and Noble. Every purchase made with a voucher meant we got a small percentage of the sale. I ended up spending about $100 that day, on stuff for myself and a few Christmas presents. I got the check today and we made $383. Not bad!

Anyway, this blog is about dancing, not fundraisers...but it all ties together. You see, one of the things I bought that afternoon is a small kit on belly dancing--yes, you read that right--belly dancing. It came with a book, a DVD, a set of finger cymbals, and even a little sticky thing you can stick to your belly for decoration. : )

So tonight, I finally took the book and DVD out and got to work. I only made it through the warm-up and two of the slow movements, but it's loads of fun and I'll hopefully find time 3-4 nights a week to do more. It's a great workout for the abs, let me tell you.

And it's belly dancing...with finger cymbals and everything! How fun is that?!