Sunday, December 02, 2007

Domestic Goddess

I'm channelling my inner Martha Stewart today.

As I had no carol gigs with my darlings, I have had a lovely, but not lazy, day at home. After a brief excursion to the grocery store and Party City, I came back to my apartment to get my Christmas mojo going.

First, I had to bake something. You simply cannot get through December without baking, right? I made a loaf of cranberry-orange bread (from a mix, not from scratch--I'm not channelling that much Martha) to take to work tomorrow. Then I unlocked my storage closet and started hauling boxes around. I have three large containers full of Christmas stuff, and an artificial tree.

The tree is up, but I haven't done the ornaments yet--those I'll do little by little throughout the week. I've put lights and bows up outside, and all of my stuffed Snoopy and Woodstock dolls are arrayed throughout the living and dining rooms.

A little while ago, I made a ham and mushroom quiche, and fresh cranberry sauce--from scratch. My itsy bitsy food processor was put through its paces chopping cranberries, apple and orange...and the result is fabulous.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the holidays?

No comments: