Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ramblings

So, it turns out I'm making nearly $6,000 more a year than I thought I was. Ha! I thought I was at step one on the pay scale, but I'm at step four--a difference of, as I mentioned, nearly $6,000. It only took me 4 paychecks to figure this out.

I don't deserve it, though, because apparently, I'm incompetent. : P

I passed out a new song yesterday to one of my top groups and one of the girls (who has a history of being snotty with me) asked, "Are you sure you can teach this to us?"

I just smiled and said, "Yes, I can teach this," before walking away and laughing to myself. I guess I haven't impressed her yet...

But enough about the kidlets!

To celebrate the fact that I'm making more money than I thought, I've booked an appointment at a local spa, owned by another students' mother. I'm getting the "Pamper Me" package, which includes a hot stone facial, full-body massage and a pedicure. Sounds glorious, doesn't it? I'm going next weekend (the 20th) and will report all about it afterwards. I can't wait. I fully expect to leave the salon a new woman.

A little pampering will go a long way...especially as I've had a cold this week. A really gross one, with lots of flem and snot and such. Yeah, thanks for sharing. All I can say is thank God for DayQuil and NyQuil. While teaching that very hard new song to my kids yesterday, I could barely sing the soprano part, which is normally not difficult for me. I just croaked my way through it like a nasally little frog. Even in speaking, I sound strange.

I'm bad enough that I came close to calling in sick today...but I muddled through. It's almost easier to go in feeling rough than it is to miss a day--substitute lesson plans, etc. I toughed it out. Fortunately I had my prep today, and also Show Choir. They're working choreography, which is mostly student-led, so I could just sit and not have to talk much. We had meetings after school (it was an early release day, we got out at 2:00 instead of 3:00) and the VAPA meeting (that's Visual And Performing Arts) didn't go long because we didn't have much to talk about.

Then--miracle of miracles!!--I left school at 3:00. I actually left school before 4:00. Beautiful! Brilliant! Fabulous!!

And that's my life. We're back in the saddle again. The students were hyper on Monday, the teachers were dragging. We all voted for one more week of break, but no one listened. : P

At least we get Monday off. : )

No comments: