Saturday, January 06, 2007

I Don't Get It

Why, why, WHY did the manufacturers of the 8-quart stock pot I bought the other day stick a massive label on the side--the kid of label that takes about 3 hours and some major damage to your fingernails to remove?



So maddening!

It's like the CDs and DVDs that come with that horrible sticky crap sealing them shut. Gah! I finally learned a new trick for CDs--open them from the bottom, and the label will peel itself off, but before I learned that, I shredded my nails--a lot.

Of course, now it's moot, because I get most of my music on iTunes, anyway. No sticky labels there! But I still deal with DVDs.

Anyway, even after a few hours of soaking the labelled side of the new stock pot in water, I couldn't get that label off. Ridiculous! I guess I'll just let time do it, because I certainly don't have the patience to scratch it all off myself.

Gah!

No comments: