Thursday, August 03, 2006

Got Sleep?

I didn't! Well, not as much as I needed, anyway.

The apartment is fine. I felt safe and secure, and I don't have obnoxious lights shining in my face or anything. The bed is fine, the pillows are fine. I was certainly ready for sleep. Everything was fine, and the stars were alligned in such a way that I was almost guaranteed 8 straigh hours of uninterrupted, no-need-to-get-up-and-pee sleep.

Except for one thing.

Millie.

I love my cat, I really do. She's an absolute doll and the sweetest little girl. She's also completely freaked out right now, and I don't blame her for that. But I'm telling you, at 4:30 in the morning, when she's crying in the kitchen and I'm trying to sleep, it's not pretty.

I ignored her at first, but then started to worry that she might be caught in something or hurt in some way. So, good mommy that I am, I got up to check. She hopped on the counter and head-butted me, purring and meowing. Nothing wrong with her, she just needed reassurance. I told her, "next time you need reassurance, hop up on the bed with me and cuddle." She either didn't hear me or chose to ignore me. Probably the latter because we all know who really runs our household.

Anyway, I spent much of the rest of the wee hours of my morning pointedly ignoring my crying cat (she knows where I am) and trying to fall asleep again. I did, for about an hour-and-a-half or so. Needless to say, it took a long shower and a lot of time to get myself up and running.

Now I'm off to get another bookcase at Target. One just isn't going to cut it. I have a lot of books and music books.

So I'm off!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: