Sunday, June 11, 2006

Need to Talk to Me?

Good luck. Seriously!

This week is going to be very hectic. I am finishing up school (Friday's the last day) and helping with the packing. Here's a brief look at everything that's going on:

Monday

The movers will arrive sometime between 8:00 and 9:00 to start packing our stuff (mostly books, dishes and the like). I have to go to the bank, then do my normal thing at school. At 1:30 I have a hair appointment.

Tuesday

The movers will be back to finish packing our things. I will be working on my grading and teaching choir, as normal. The key is working on grades, so I can get those finished (as ever, I find myself finishing at the wire--they're due on Friday).

If the computer hasn't been packed already, this will be the last day I'll be able to access most of my favorite sites. I'll try to get into my email, but no promises.

Wednesday

The movers will be back to load our stuff into the truck. We will load our suitcases and other miscellaneous stuff into our cars and head over to the Inn at Port Hadlock with the cats. I will continue to work on grading.

Thursday

Mom and Dad will be up at the crack of dawn to make the drive to California. I will have a leisurely breakfast at the hotel, then go to school to finish grading and teach choir. In the afternoon, I will hang out a bit, then get a good night's sleep.

Friday

This is the last day of school. I will be there early to be at the assembly. My kids are singing in it and I have some awards to give out. When school is finished, I will check out, give my key back, and head south to Bremerton to catch the ferry to Seattle.

Normally we use the Bainbridge Island ferry to Seattle, but the Bremerton ferry is longer, affording more time for Meg and her camera.

Once in Seattle I will drive straight to a hotel near the airport, unload my stuff, check in, and relax for a little while. At about 9:00, I'll head over to SeaTac to meet up with Heather, who's plane is due at about 10:00.

Saturday

Watch out, Seattle, Meg and Heather are BACK!!

Sunday

We'll set off early to make the 780 mile drive to Sacramento. I'll drop Heather off at her house, then meet up with Mom and Dad at the hotel. It looks like the truck will arrive on Monday to move us into the new house, where I will have unlimited access to my email, MySpace and favorites once more.


...So if you don't hear from me much this week, well, that's why!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: