Saturday, June 10, 2006

Finished (Sort Of)!!

After a gestation period of nine months, I joyfully announce the delivery of...my scrapbook. *Ahem* Scrapbooks.

Yes, my friends, I have completely, "officially" finished the scrapbooks for one year in England. I actually finished the chronological order of things on May 21, but have spent some time since adding pages here and there, and putting in pages of my pictures of Burnham-on-Crouch, my home, and Kathy and Derek's animals.

With the Big Move looming in a few days, I needed to get the project wrapped up, packed up, and ready to roll to California, so last night and this morning I completed a few pages, added stickers and other doodads to the mix, and made sure everything was in order. I will probably add a little bit to it at a later date, but for the most part, it is finished.

You may be wondering how many books this project took. The answer is five. Yes, five. In this order:

Book One: Autumn Term--The Wild and Absolutely True Adventures of Meg from Departure Day to her Christmas in CA and WA.

Book Two: Spring Term--The Wild and Absolutely True Adventures of Meg from her return to England to the end of that term and her departure for France.

Book Three: France--Two weeks of Wild and Absolutely True Adventures of Meg in Paris and Normandy.

Book Four: Summer Term--TheWild and Absolutely True Adventures of Meg commencing in May and ending with the last day of school in July.

Book Five: After St. Peter's--The Wild and Absolutely True Adventures of Meg in her last week-and-a-half in England (a party, a wedding, a day trip, reflections, and lots and lots of pics of beautiful Burnham-on-Crouch).

I'm actually kind of sad that it's finished, even as I look forward to starting my next scrapbook project: All-American Anglophile Returns to the States and Raises Two Kindergatos.

But that will have to wait until I am settled in Antioch. In the mean time, I have a long drive to make, friends to catch up with, and apartments to hunt for.

...Not to mention a huge scrapbook project to show off. ; )

No comments: