Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Woohooo!! It's Back!!

You might recall that back in July, my beloved six-month-old Vivitar digital camera died on me--right in the middle of my friend Donna's Hen Night. Nothing I did would make the little red light turn green, and eventually, even the red light refused to shine.

At the time, Derek said, "It sounds like it had a bad motherboard in it, maybe." Considering it had always been a bit on the picky side, I was inclined to agree.

A few weeks ago, I finally got around to sending the camera off to Vivitar with a letter basically asking for free First Aid for my camera. Wasn't sure if I'd get some help or a big "Screw you, lady." in reply. But lo and behold, a few minutes ago the doorbell rang and Dad could be heard calling from downstairs, "To Megan, from Vivitar!"

Yes, my friends, my little digital camera is back. They replaced the main board (Derek gets 10 points for calling it!) and sent it back to me--with batteries! So my camera is back and working properly. Cross your fingers that the little guy continues working because it takes GREAT pictures. And I won't have to rely on one-time use cameras, or borrowing Dad's digital (which, frankly, doesn't take as great quality pics as my Vivitar).

The Picture-Takin' Fool Rises Again!!

No comments: