Thursday, June 30, 2005

Yes, Virginia, I'm Really Going Home

What do you have to lose, Megan? The planets are now shaking you like a fruit tree in the hopes of ridding you of your old objectives to make way for new growth. You feel doubt where once there was only certainty. When you consider the worst that can happen, it may help you realize that what you are clinging to so dearly really is not all that important to you. It's time to let go and begin anew.

Last night was year 7 Parent's Evening, and with the questions about next year, I felt I had to tell them, "I don't know...I won't be here." The official line is, "You know, homesickness..." with a big smile. They eat it up and the subject drops. Of course, the kids are hearing this, so news is out and will spread like a wildfire in a drought year.

This morning someone in a year 9 group asked me if I'm leaving. I nodded my head and he asked me why. "Well, I do miss my family, you know," I replied with a smile. They seem to accept that.

I haven't had any more year 9 classes since then, but I have one in 15 minutes, so we'll see if they've picked it up.

Meanwhile, my busy month of July starts today. I have to come in tomorrow to do some lesson planning (well, I don't have to, I want to). The school will be open because the inspectors are coming next week. Tomorrow evening I'll be out all night for my friend Donna's Fancy Dress Hen Night (bachelorette party with costumes, in America-speak). I'm going as Bridget Jones.

With that, I have things to do and kids to teach. It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings, and she'll be no doubt singing in the Disney Karaoke on the last day of school... : )

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: