Thursday, June 30, 2005

*Gulp*

They interviewed a music teacher today.

After interviewing him (which required Alison frantically coming to me in the middle of a lesson to ask me, "What would you ask him??"), he taught one of my classes for an entire lesson. He did a pretty good job. The kids (year 7) tested him, of course, but he seemed to handle it well enough.

It's funny--I know I made the choice to leave, and I know that overall I haven't been happy working here. But I'm still sad in some ways to be leaving, and there's a teeny little part of me that hates the thought of leaving my classroom to someone else. They'll change it to suit themselves, and my mark at St. Peter's will be lessened. It's an odd feeling.

Meanwhile, this is still my domain for the next month. And those seven children who were naughty during the lesson he taught will NOT be doing the keyboard activity this afternoon. Oh no...they'll be writing letters of apology to the deputy head and assistant head who had to watch them misbehave, and to me, detailing how students should represent St. Peter's High School. They'll also be receiving detentions.

Teaching has its fun moments, to be sure. ; )

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: