Thursday, July 07, 2005

If I keep reading the reports...

I will cry. I will just cry and I can't do that.

Details are emerging that it looks like the work of Al Qaeda...we'll see. Meanwhile, deaths are being reported and my favorite city is suffering. It hurts me more than I can say.

And I can't discuss it with anyone. I'm locked in my classroom with year 7s and the following memo from the Head:

"Follwing the incidents in London today please do not discuss or inform students regarding any details. However, should a student wish to phone a parent they are allowed to and should be given a pass and allowed to go to pupil reception on their own. We believe the mobile network has been taken down in the London area to provide emergency services with access to the network."

What about the teachers? What if we're upset? What if we're shaking and feeling like crying?

Just keep teaching, I guess. Just try to be superhuman about it.

God Bless London. And God be with London.

No comments: