Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Positively Illuminating



Illuminated Letters. What are they? See the M above--basically a Celtic-style script. What is their significance?

They are significant because they put Meg in a very good mood.

We have an upcoming Flexible Learning Day. If you don't remember my rambling lunatic raving about the last one:

http://megstrueadventures.blogspot.com/2005_04_01_
megstrueadventures_archive.html

I had to make up songs about the Oompah Loompahs. It was hell. Hell! I tell you.

So when I found out last week that I have to be involved in "Chaucer Day" this next time, I nearly blew a gasket. The Expressive Arts department is teaming with English on this. And I told the head of English, a lovely woman named Pat, "I am NOT making up songs about the pilgrims. I won't do it. I WON'T!!!" I also let her know that I'm a bit crazy over the fact that it's on:

1. A Monday, meaning that I miss 4 out of my 6 free periods that week.

2. On the 4th of July, a national holiday for me and one on which I'll be a bit sad to be dealing with bratty year 8s instead of eating hot dogs and Dad's homemade vanilla ice cream (Cooper family recipe).

I think I scared her a little.

But I got my way--I'll be throwing paper and colored pencils in front of the kidlets and letting them make illuminated letters. No instruments. Just paper. And peace. Well, relative peace. At least they will not be tearing my poor little instruments to pieces.

Speaking of instruments...Two of my keyboards have mysteriously gone POOF! They are suddenly not working. Now I have 5 working keyboards and 374 impatient students wanting to bang on them. God help me.

By the way, the last day of school is six weeks from today...
Cheers,

Meg

No comments: