Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Blech

I'm in a funky mood today. Why?

I woke up at 3:00 a.m.

I woke up after some unnerving, gross dream that I don't want to discuss. It was quite disturbing.

I lay there with a wierd feeling in my stomach...and then I realized that in part, that feeling was due to needing to pee. So I got up and did as nature intended.

I slept a very light sleep from them on. At 4:45 I had a massive coughing fit (I thought this was going away!) and slept fitfully again until the alarm went off at 5:15. And 5:19. And 5:23. And every four minutes until 6:00, basically.

My snooze button got quite a workout this morning.

Tuesday Five

They have taken over from Friday Five as that distinguished group of children that I hate dealing with the most.

Trouble is, they're all pretty bright. And I can't think of more than 4 likeable kids in there. They are the laziest, most whiney, snotty bunch of 13-year-olds I have to work with. "This is boring!" "This is hard!" "I want a bottle!" "My diaper is dirty!"

And so on.

Michael Jackson

According to yahoo.com:

Jackson Won't Share Bed With Kids Again

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Basking in the jurors' decision to acquit his client of all counts, Michael Jackson's lawyer said Tuesday the singer will no longer share his bed with young boys.

"He's not going to do that anymore," attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. told NBC's "Today." "He's not going to make himself vulnerable to this anymore."


I'm so happy to hear it. Now, can we get rid of all the wierdos that ever let their children be alone with him in the first place?!?

"It's victory," said Tracee Raynaud, 39. "God is alive and well."

Uh. Yeah. Sure.

Is that a gray hair?

I've survived fifth period. But why, why, WHY, I wonder, is it so hard for them to follow a simple instruction? Actually, I hate that word...why.

"Sophie, sit in your assigned seat."

"Why?"

"James, do the assignment I've set."

"Why?"

I always feel like saying, "So I don't have to rearrange your face, you little snot." But that would be unprofessional.

So I use that time-honored response:

"Because I told you to, that's why."

Accompanied by a glare, it even sometimes works.

Right...I'm outta here

I'm taking this "Blah" mood home and watching something good on the telly, and having a lovely pasta and veg dinner. Then I'll bury my face in a book (Bill Bryson's "The Lost Continent"--very good, by the way) and make myself go to bed early.

Sweet dreams!

Cheers,

Meg

No comments: