Monday, August 16, 2004

One Week

Wow!

I can hardly believe that I have one week left until I leave...provided my entry visa, work permit and passport are returned soon. If not, I may have to delay my departure by a few days. : (

But, it's been a coupla weeks (as of Thursday) since I sent my info to the British Consulate for my entry visa, so I'm sure I shouldn't worry. But I will anyway. That's just my nature.

I'm still excited. I have been packing a little bit today. Turns out I have a lot of stuff I want my parents to ship to me--like 200+ CDs. Just try making me leave any at home! It's like my shoes. I have some wierd sort of attachment to my "stuff."

Had a great birthday--Mom and Dad took me out to dinner on Thursday--Mexican food! On Friday, my friends Sarah and Summer and Katie accompanied me (along with Sarah's little girl, Julia) to Streets of London, an authentic English pub in downtown Sacramento. Cider on tap!! Not in a bottle...oh, heaven. I haven't had cider from a tap in over 5 years. Guess where I was last time?

So, this week will be busy, busy, busy. Got to spend time with friends and family, continue packing, clean my room so that the parents aren't stuck with all of my junk everywhere...

1 comment:

Sassy Shae said...

I have one suggestion from a friend who just left for Nairobi last week. Don't plan anything on the day of your departure, or even the night before if you can help it. The last time she left on a long trip (Kenya) she had lunch with someone before her flight and things were so crazy and she forgot stuff... it was wild.

Try to make your last hours less frantic is what I'm trying to say. :) I don't want you to be stressed!